Our client, a well established group in the FMCG industry, is looking to recruit a Business Analyst to join their team in Nicosia. The professional will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and providing forecasts and analysis of reports for the Commercial Excellence Department covering products, profitability, and distribution channel needs.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing meaningful insights and recommendations from a commercial excellence / financial perspective, considering all drivers of profitability such as pricing strategy, trade terms, promotional discounts, market trends, and new product development.
- Building, developing, and maintaining data models, databases, reports and dashboards on a regular and ad hoc basis, to facilitate a fast decision-making process.
- Managing Databases by approving changes and/or modifications and make routine checks to safeguard Databases Validity.
- Conducting Trainings and/or presentations for Databases to all internal and external Stakeholders.
- Acting as the Sales Force Automation system owner and subject matter expert.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders for aggregating data from marketing & sales departments.
- Analyzing/reviewing/evaluating performance sales data, providing commentary on figures and trends, and giving insights and monitor operational measures.
- Identifying areas of weakness the organization can address to improve performance and make recommendations.
- Helping in the development of the annual business plan, understanding, and refining the workflow.
- Providing support for the development of the annual budgets and assuming responsibility for the input of relevant data in the BI system.
- Reviewing and approving all Commercial agreements.
- Performing pricing exercises using Value Chain Tools.
- Recommending changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and new trends.
- Coordinating with Commercial and IT teams to design and develop effective templates, reporting tools/ dashboards and/or sales system applications that are required for business needs.
- Receiving training, participating in educational workshops and programs that the Company organizes and be able to apply them to day-to-day duties of the role.
- Adhering to, and faithfully following the Code of Ethics.
- Comprehending and applying procedures and work instructions deriving from the Company’s management standards that the Company applies (Quality, Health & Safety, Safety of Food, Environment, etc.) and following all Health and Safety guidelines given by the Supervisor.
- Using personal protective equipment provided by the Company according to introduction training and ensure its proper maintenance and storage, reporting immediately any loss or obvious damage to the Supervisor.
- Performing any other role related tasks that may be assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Business Administration, Statistics, Economics or any other related field,
- Work experience of at least 2-3 years ideally within the FMCG industry would be considered an advantage.
- Proficient user of MS Office with excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of financial modelling.
- Experience in working with ERP systems and BI tools would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Being dynamic, confident and a team player.
- Fluency in Greek and English languages.
Tagged as: Business Analyst