On behalf of a client, a company that operates in the Health industry, we are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer to join their team in Nicosia.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining the occupational Health and Safety and the Hygiene Quality as per Hospital Standards.
- Pay visits to all Hospital areas for Audits pertaining to Health and Safety, Hygiene, Sanitation and other Hospital Operations Quality systems.
- Advise Hospital Operations Management for changes of European rules and regulations on issues pertaining to Health & Safety, Food Safety, Sanitation, Hygiene and other quality related issues.
- Suggests and presents to Management policy manuals, new procedures, statutory rules and regulations of Hospital Operations Quality context and Food Hygiene, Outbreak Control Plans etc.
- Monitoring of the Hospital ISO systems as per Hospital standards, and evaluating audit reports and recommendations.
- Investigating Outbreaks of illness pertain to Health GI reported symptoms, communicable diseases or as assigned by the General Manager Hospital Operations.
- Propose in the design of training programs for all Hospital Personnel in Health and Safety issues, Food Safety and Environmental Health, and maintains records of systems pertaining to the areas of responsibility. Trains and educate employees, and take other steps to keep hospitals safe and healthy places to work
- Maintains all documentation in relation of systems and procedures pertaining to Hospital Operations
- Designs and implements Emergency Evacuation Plans and administers issues related to roaster for evacuation
- Liaise with Infectious Control team and Patient Quality Management to ensure preventative measures in the area of Patient safety
- Liaise with Chief Engineer or Facilities Manager to ensure that technical issues are maintained to the highest standards of function ability
- Administers all environmental issues pertaining to garbage segmentation, separation and disposal. Ensures that all infected biological waste is collected by approved companies as per applicable local law and enforces sanitation to prevent diseases
- Degree or Diploma in Health & Safety, Quality Management, NEBOSH, Environmental Science or similar
- At least two years of experience
- Capability to monitor and maintain effective control of systems
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency of Greek and English language
- Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, online email, calendar and/or other Windows based software
- Previous hospital experience will also be considered an advantage
- Trustworthy and reliable person
Monday to Friday: 8:00-17:00
- 13th salary
- Provident Fund