Our client, a group of companies operating in the fashion retail industry, is seeking to recruit a high caliber and motivated individual for the position of Internal Auditor, who will be reporting to the group Board of Directors and will be responsible for the Internal Audit function for the group.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates internal control, identifies weaknesses and makes recommendations on how to improve. This will include controls in all areas of the business such as finance, buying operations and shop operations
- Makes recommendations, based on findings best practices as to the improvement of the Group’s policies and procedures in terms of efficiency and controls, ensuring that these audit recommendations are adding value to the area being audited, and are practical and commercially viable
- Works with Business Units Heads and Shared Services Managers to continuously improve the Group’s policies and procedures and makes recommendations, where appropriate for the development of new ones
- Assess the company’s risks and the efficacy of its risk management efforts
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes
- Develops audit programs in order to execute the assigned audit engagements, , by applying the principles of the IIA Standards
- Performs internal audits and/or thematic reviews and/or investigations for the Group’s Business Units and Shared Services, in order to provide assurance on the correct implementation and compliance with the Group’s policies and procedures
- Utilizes a variety of techniques, such as CAATs and data analytics, to increase the scope and efficiency of the audit
- Obtains appropriate audit evidence, ensuring that conclusions reached are well justified and documented.
- Summarizes audit findings, identifies root causes, and recommendations and prepares the audit report to be presented to the Board of Directors and external auditors
- Conducts follow-up audits to assess the implementation of remedial actions agreed with Management.
- Be up-to-date with best practices and updates in IIA Standards.
- Promotes ethics and help identify improper conduct
- Assures safeguards
- Investigates fraud
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Risk management or other related subject.
- Professional qualification (CIA, ACCA, ACA, CFE, CISA, CFA) holder
- Master’s degree in the aforementioned subjects will be considered as an advantage.
- 3+ years audit experience in internal audit services, preferably in the industry,
- Experience within retail will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) both in English and Greek language.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with strong project management skills,
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Commitment to continual professional development, by taking a proactive approach to keeping abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- 13th salary
- 30 days paid sick leave
- Discounts on products
- Paid maternity leave
Up to 50k annually