Our client, a company specialized in digital consulting, is currently looking to recruit a Software Engineering Lead to join their fast-growing team.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of software engineers, overseeing their work and covering activities such as monitoring, performance reviews and professional development.
- Work with clients to understand their technical requirements, provide technical guidance and manage their expectations throughout the software development lifecycle / delivery.
- Manage the technical aspects of multiple software development projects simultaneously, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time, within budget and meet quality standards.
- Provide technical expertise and thought leadership in software engineering practices, including software architecture, design patterns, coding standards and testing methodologies.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the latest software engineering technologies and trends.
- Drive innovation in software engineering operations staying up-to-date with industry trends, the use of emerging technologies and recommending process improvements to optimise softare development workflows and deliverables.
- Ensure that software engineering best practices, including coding reviews and quality assurance processes, are followed to to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Review technical documentations, including technical design documents, specifications, and user guides prepared by the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as business analysts, project managers, quality assurance teams etc. to ensure successful delivery of software engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven experience in leading and managing software engineering teams, either in professional services environment or in the delivery of products and platforms.
- Strong technical expertise in software engineering best practices, including modern software architectures (e.g. microservices), design patterns, coding standards and testing methodologies.
- Experience in software development methodologies especially Agile (e.g. Scrum) and relevant tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience in Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience in containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience in DevOps technologies / principles including leveraging those as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, having the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and team members
A competitive remuneration package and benefits will be considered for the successfull candidate, depending on experience and skills