On behalf of a client, a well-known and established home improvement and gardening retailer, we are currently looking for a dynamic individual for the position of HR manager to join their team in Nicosia.
The person we are looking for should be able to transfer knowledge and expertise in their area and be accountable for their own personal and professional development. They should identify the employee’s training needs and create Learning and Development initiatives in collaboration with L&D department. They are also expected to communicate and explain the store’s vision, mission, strategy, and values on any given internal and external occasion.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates the store’s annual & 3 years plan on people’s performance contributing to the company’s Business Plan and HR Business Plan.
- Develops the store’s Workforce Planning, Recruitment Strategy, and Capabilities Building Strategy in order to support Store’s Performance Strategy.
- Provides strategic people analytics for store employees to maximize efficiency & take prompt actions.
- Monitors the Store Performance Management Process. Follows-up on performance and facilitates the store’s succession plan by taking corrective and prompt actions throughout the year.
- Implements BU’s Development & Training strategy in order to develop competencies and upscale skills of employees. Consulting store training coordinators in order to equip and upskill employees.
- Provides training on people-related topics (feedback, performance management etc.) and on the job training of new employees on his/her area of expertise.
- Implements Store’s Annual Engagement Strategy to boost the engagement results.
- Follows-up on people’s performance and store productivity in order to help leaders make decisions to maximize efficiency, store productivity and engagement.
- Creates coaching/consulting plan per quarter with departmental leaders regarding specific and feasible departmental objectives for achieving business objectives for maximizing employee’s impact.
- Key advisor for the daily employee-related issues (following legislation, people-related company policies e.g., internal promotions).
- Consulting store recruitment ambassadors in order to detect and attract talent outside of the company.
- Develops tailor-made on-boarding programs in collaboration with departmental leaders to maximize new recruits’ chances of success.
- Brings in new and innovative HR strategies and practices by participating in HR forums and synergies in order to proactively anticipate future needs and create a favorable working environment.
- Provide all necessary safety related equipment (clothes & shoes) to store employees in order to follow Health & Safety Regulations and be responsible for Occupational Doctor’s store visits (confirmation of employees’ suitability & medical dossier).
- Monitors KPIs such as turnover, internal promotions vs. external hires, engagement of employees and employees’ productivity.
- BSc or MSc in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or other related field
- Previous work experience as an HR supervisor or Manager, preferably in the retail industry
- Work experience in Recruitment, Learning & Development, Performance Management
- Good understanding of labor legislation including regulations about flexible types of employment
- A solid grasp of human resources methods, practices, principles, and functions
- Ability to influence/advise management on HR priorities
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Greek and English